Thursday, June 28, 2012

THE SUPER SMOOTHIE

I got this recipe from my stepmother for a super-green health smoothie. I tweaked it a little bit, and it is my most favorite way to start the day. A few people have asked me for the recipe, so here it is!


You will need:
 *1 cup of berries, fresh or frozen. (If you use all fresh berries, I suggest adding a few ice cubes to keep it cold- I usually do half and half. Blueberries and strawberries are my favorite because they have smaller seeds.)
*1 cup (at least) of greens, such as baby spinach and arugula. You won't even be able to taste it! (I wouldn't recommend using kale, unless you want to chew your smoothie.)
*1 Tbsp. of flavored Omega-3 fish oil (I use this this stuff from Max Muscle in peach-mango smoothie flavor, it's actually pretty delicious.)
*1 Tbsp. ground flax seed (Seriously, buy this stuff in the bulk-bins at Winco, you'll save a ton of money.)
*1/2 cup oats (you can skip this if you're going low-carb, but I like it because it tends to keep me fuller longer.)
*Cold green tea- I brew 5-6 tea bags with about four cups of water, then pour it into a pitcher and leave it in the fridge overnight (adding more water to it if it's too strong). Add enough tea to allow everything to mix together.
*1 scoop vanilla protein powder. I've been using this stuff, but you can use whatever protein powder you like.
*Blend it all together and enjoy your healthy morning! This smoothie is packed with energy, antioxidants and essential fatty acids.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking me there, Mal! This sounds delicious; I'm so going to try it out!

    xo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You will love it! I just found your blog, by the way, and I am loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete