Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What comes after?

I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature in December, 2011. It was truly the proudest moment of my life.
Months later, I have realized that nothing really changes after graduation. I mean, you're done with classes and homework, but after the spark of excitement dies you kind of just go back to real life, confused about what you're supposed to do next. At least, that's how I feel.
It look me over 5 years to finish college and I still have no clue what I really want to do with my life.
Someone once asked me what I would do for the rest of my life if money wasn't a necessity. And I thought, I'd write. I'd write about what I know- my family, my history- I guess this is where I begin.

I feel that as I grow older and take on more responsibilities, I sometimes forget about the simple things that make me happy. I've started this blog mostly as a happiness inspiration- I want to share what makes me happy, and I want to hear about what makes YOU happy, too.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes there are opportunities, that can easily be mistaken for obstacles, blocking the door that leads you to where you are supposed to end up doing and what you are made to do. I feel like these opportunities are like ticking time bombs and they go off at only the right time to pop that door open! Like you do, take your days one step at a time and keep this wonderful writing up! :) To answer your question, honestly-- everything makes me happy! Even when there are awful things going on, the fact that there is a positive side to it all makes me happy. Aaaand, mostly genuine, quality, and wonderful friends like you keep me up and going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, you have always been such a huge inspiration to me! Thank you for your wise words. :) I am beyond excited that you are moving closer to me so that we can hang out more! I'm happy to have a wonderful, creative, fun, inspiring friend like you in my life!

      Delete