Sunday, July 8, 2012

What's so funny?

I abandoned an old blog of mine about the kids I used to work with, but the other day I stumbled across it and, since it made me laugh out loud a few times, I thought that I would share: http://lolateverything.wordpress.com/ I even updated it with a few stories.

Life has been a busy blur. One of the kids I work with is advancing in his therapy, which means my hours are being cut a bit- it's amazing and wonderful that he is doing so well with his program, but less hours means less money in the bank for me. I have a trip to Hawaii coming up next month and it's a little stressful trying to budget everything out. That, plus two weddings/ bachelorette parties in the mix are making me pinch every penny.

Wooh Lake Tahoe!
Never fear, there are still cheap ways to have fun. When I graduated from college in December, my grandma bought me a sailing trip in Lake Tahoe, which I was able to redeem this weekend. It was awesome- this was the second time I have ever been sailing (the first was sailing to the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco) and I brought my boyfriend along with me. The view was amazing, the weather couldn't have been better, and it was fun pretending that we weren't broke post-grads for a day.

One of my personal "keys to happiness" is to just do something out of the ordinary every once in a while. Break your daily routine. Sometimes I even take a different route to work just to do something different

Small changes like this can really add up.

What do you do to put that little extra spark in your daily routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment