Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sarah L.

First of all, I would like to thank my friend Sarah for being my first contributor! I would like to share her happiness list:
"sunshine, water, music, honesty and love :)) as for other material tangible things, the list is all silly and not as inspiring. haha "


Sarah does some amazing artwork, you can check out her stuff here.
You can also check out her Flickr page here.
(I love having artsy-fartsy friends!)


I can appreciate a small, simple list like this one. It's easy to forget about the simple things, especially when we are constantly surrounded by technology. Water and sunshine, who could argue with that?

I try to get back to the wilderness whenever I can. One of the best memories of my life is the summer of 2007, when my best friend and I packed up all our belongings and got jobs in Yosemite National Park, living out of a tent cabin without a TV, computer, internet, or any phone reception. My days off were spent hiking, climbing, exploring, and swimming in the Merced river. It really is such an amazing place, and if you haven't been there, please add it to your bucket list. You'll never know how small you really are until you stand next to the granite giants that envelop the valley. I love Yosemite!

No comments:

Post a Comment