Sunday, July 8, 2012

Thrift Love

My thrifty collection!

I would like to take a moment to rant about how much I love thrifting in Sacramento. (Do I spy a 100% SILK Banana Republic dress that I only paid $4 for? Yes, I do!)
I was cleaning out our spare bedroom today (which is actually just the room where I keep all of my crap) and couldn't help but notice all of the amazing thrift store treasures I have accumulated since moving to Sacramento.

Whoa, is that a Ralph Lauren 100% Lambswool sweater laying in front of a vintage Samsonite hardshell suitcase? Yes indeed. I've been living on a tight budget since moving out when I was just an 18 year old baby, and I have become a self-proclaimed thrifting master. 
These are some of my favorite places to thrift:
  • Thrift Town on Stockton Blvd. This place is HUGE, and well-organized. They pretty much have everything you could ever ask for, and they get in new shipments all the time. Plus, they have frequent sales (a thift store having a sale?!?!!?) which means you're saving even more $$$.
  • Goodwill  on Fulton & Hurley (Arden area). If you're looking for shoes, this place is a gold mine. I tend to find higher-quality clothing here, as well (the Banana Republic dress). 
  • Eco Thrift on Fruitridge Rd. This store is also well-organized, and they sometimes have good-quality designer brands for a really good price. 
  • SPCA Thrift Store- clean, organized, and you can't help but love the fact that proceeds go to the SPCA. You can usually find some pretty neat vintage stuff here too, which I love.
What I love about Sacramento thrift stores is that they are actually cheap. I once went to San Francisco with the intention of thrifting and almost everything was out of my budget! 
Where are your favorite places to thrift? What is your all-time favorite thrift store find? I'd like to know!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome finds, Mal! SPCA Thrift is my jam...I used to live directly across the street and spent many a dollar there last year haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yeeah! I feel like I spend more money at thrift stores than any other clothing store... it makes me feel less guilty!

    ReplyDelete